Astley Bridge is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1844 from Little Bolton All Saints Ecclesiastical Parish and Bolton le Moors St Peter Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Sharples.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Halliwell St Peter
- Halliwell St Paul
- Little Bolton, All Saints
- Bolton le Moors St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTLEY-BRIDGE, a village and a chapelry in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire. The village is partly in the township of Sharples; stands near the Bolton and Blackburn railway, 3 miles N of Bolton; and has a post office under Bolton. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Rated property, £9,729. Pop., 3,210. Houses, 670. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150. Patrons, the Crown and the Bishop alternately. The church was built in 1848. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and national and British schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bolton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Bolton le Moors
Poor Law Union: Bolton