Ashworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1735 from chapelry in Middleton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1843
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHWORTH, a township-chapelry in Middleton parish, Lancashire; on an affluent of the river Roch, 3 miles NE by E of Bury r. station. Post Town, Rochdale. Acres, 1,022. Real property, £2,143. Pop., 233. Houses, 45. The property is all held by one proprietor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £119. Patron, Lord Egerton. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bury
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Bury
Poor Law Union: Bury