Ashton under Lyne St Michael is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Lancashire.
Other places in the parish include: Ashton Town, Alt Hill, Alt Edge, Alt, Wood Park, Taunton, Smallshaw, Lanehead, Knott Lanes, Hurstbrooks, Heyrod, Hazlehurst, Hartshead with Stalybridge, Hartshead, and Crossbank and Lees.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1594
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1621
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Christians, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Methodist New Connexion, Primitive Methodist, Protestant Dissenters, Swedenborgian/New Jerusalem/New Church, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- Ashton under Lyne Christ Church
- Ashton under Lyne St Peter
- Stalybridge New St George
- Dukinfield St Mark
- Castle Hall
- Dukinfield St John the Evangelist
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Ashton under Lyne
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Ashton Under Lyne
- Poor Law Union: Ashton Under Lyne
- Hundred: Salford
- Province: York