Aigburth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1844 from Garston Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AIGBURTH, a chapelry in Childwall parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles E of Liverpool. It has a post office under Liverpool. Pop., 1,994. Houses, 338. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £400. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1853. There are Wesleyan and Roman Catholic chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: West Derby
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Chester
- Rural Deanery: Prescot
- Poor Law Union: West Derby
- Hundred: West Derby
- Province: York