Wootton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1546
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1560
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOOTTON, a parish in Dover district, Kent; 2½ miles WSW of Shepherds-Well r. station, and 7 NW of Dover. It has a post-office under Canterbury. Acres, 1,019. Real property, £1,370. Pop., 163. Houses, 29. The manor, with W. Court, belongs to J. Brydges, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £260. Patron, J. Brydges, Esq. The church is early English.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Dover
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury
Rural Deanery: Pre-1895 - Elham, Post-1894 - Dover
Poor Law Union: Dover