Woodchurch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1565
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- High Halden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOODCHURCH, a parish, with an ancient village, in Tenterden district, Kent; 4 miles NW of Appledore r. station, and 7 SW of Ashford. It has a post-office under Staplehurst. Acres, 6,949. Real property, £7,806. Pop., 1,262. Houses, 248. The property is much sub-divided. Henhurst is the seat of Mrs. Schreiber. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £613. Patron, the Archbishop. The church is early English, and was restored in 1848 and 1857. There are two dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £39.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Tenterden
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Canterbury (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, 1845-1873 – Lympne, Post-1872 – South Lympne
Poor Law Union: Tenterden