Iwade is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Kent, created in 1730 from a chapelry in Teynham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1560
- Milton Regis
- Minster in Sheppey
- Lower Halstow
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IWADE, a village and a parish in Milton district, Kent. The village stands near the Sheerness railway, 3 miles N of Sittingbourne. The parish extends from Stangate creek to the Swale strait; consists mainly of embanked marsh; and has a quay at Funton, on Stangate creek. Post town, Milton, under Sittingbourne. Acres, 3,762; of which 390 are water. Real property, £5,056. Pop. 182. Houses, 37. The property is subdivided. Oyster grounds are in the N. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £80. Patron, the Archdeacon of Canterbury. The church is ancient, and a poor building. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Milton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury
Rural Deanery: Sittingbourne
Poor Law Union: Milton