Ivychurch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Alternative names: Ivechurch, Ivy Church
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1715
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1564
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- New Romney with Hope
- East Guldeford
- Old Romney
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IVY-CHURCH, or IVECHURCH, a parish in RomneyMarsh district, Kent; 3 miles NW of New Romney, and 3½ ESE of Appledore r. station. Post town, New Romney, under Folkestone. Acres, 4,542. Real property, £12,515. Pop., 273. Houses, 50. The land is chiefly pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £450. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Romney Marsh
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Canterbury (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, 1844-1864 – Lympne, Post-1863 – South Lympne
Poor Law Union: Romney Marsh
Hundred: Romney Marsh Liberty