Ifield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Other places in the parish include: Shinglewell and Singlewell.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1751
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1693
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IFIELD, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; 1¾ mile N of Sole-Street r. station, and 3 S of Gravesend. It contains part of the village of Singlewell, which has a post office under Gravesend. Acres, 312. Real property, £777. Pop., 88. Houses, 12. The manor belongs to T. Colyer, Es l. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Edmeades. The church was built in 1596, and restored in 1838; has a wooden spire; and is very small.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: North Aylesford
Probate Court: Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Deaneries of the Arches, Croydon and Shoreham, Post-1844 - Search the courts of surrounding parishes
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Shoreham, 1844-1862 - Rochester, Post-1862 - Gravesend
Poor Law Union: North Aylesford