Fairfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1564
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Fairfield, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; near the military canal, 2 ¾ miles SSE of Appledore r. station, and 6 ¼ WNW of New Romney. Post town, Appledore, under Staplehurst. Acres, 1,203. Real property, £2,939. Pop., 69. Houses, 12. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £57. Paton, the Earl of Guildford. The church is a brick building.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Romney Marsh
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Canterbury (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, 1844-1864 – Lympne, Post-1863 – South Lympne
Poor Law Union: Romney Marsh