Denton (near Gravesend) is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Alternative names: Denton near Aylesford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- East Tilbury
- West Tilbury
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DENTON, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; on the river Thames and the North Kent railway, 2 miles E of Gravesend. Post town, Chalk, under Gravesend. Acres, 1,320; of which 130 are water. Pop., 101. Houses, 23. There is no church.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: North Aylesford
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Rochester
Rural Deanery: Rochester
Poor Law Union: North Aylesford