Pidley cum Fenton is a chapelry of Somersham Ancient Parish in Huntingdonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Fenton.
Alternative names: Pidley
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Old Hurst
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PIDLEY-CUM-FENTON, a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdon; 2¾ miles W by N of Somersham r. station and 5 NNE of St. Ives. Post-town, Woodhurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 3, 739. Real property, £5, 276. Pop., 569. Houses, 121. The property is chiefly divided among ten. Much of the surface is fen. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Somersham, in the diocese of Ely. The church was rebuilt in 1865, at a cost of £1,050; is in the early English style; and has a tower and tiled spire. There are an endowed schooland charities, with aggregately £55.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
PIDLEY cum Fenton (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Ives, hundred of Hurstingstone, county of Huntingdon, 2 miles (W. N. W.) from Somersham; containing 516 inhabitants. The living is annexed, with that of Colne, to the rectory of Somersham: the tithes have been commuted for £478. A school is endowed with £20 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: St Ives
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: St Ives
- Poor Law Union: St Ives
- Hundred: Hurstingstone
- Province: Canterbury