Kings Ripton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1597
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RIPTON (Kings), a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Huntingdon; 3¾ miles N E by N of Huntingdon r. station. Post-town, Huntingdon. Acres, with Sapley, 1, 210. Real property of R. K. alone, £1, 279. Pop., 267. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Magdalen college, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £232. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
RIPTON, KING’S (St. Peter), a parish, in the hundred of Hurstingstone, union and county of Huntingdon, 3½ miles (N. E. by N.) from the town of Huntingdon; containing 229 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £11. 19. 7., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £179.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Huntingdon
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: St Ives
- Poor Law Union: Huntingdon
- Hundred: Hurstingstone
- Province: Canterbury