Keyston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1637
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
- Denford with Ringstead, Northamptonshire
- Titchmarsh, Northamptonshire
- Hargrave, Northamptonshire
- Raunds, Northamptonshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KEYSTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; adjacent to Northamptonshire, 4 miles ESE of Thrapston r. station. Posttown, Thrapston. Acres, 2, 535. Real property, £2, 826. Pop., 223. Houses, 50. The property is divided chiefly among five. The manor belongs to John Pashler, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £385. Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is a fine cruciform structure of the 14th century; has a W tower, with lofty spire; and contains some monumental slabs. The N transept was once a private chapel, and perhaps the burial-place of Lord Ferrers, who was interred in the church.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
KEYSTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 3¼ miles (S. E. by E.) from Thrapston; containing 190 inhabitants. It is on the road from Thrapston to Huntingdon, and comprises by computation 2600 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £29. 5., and in the gift of Earl Fitzwilliam: the tithes have been commuted for £381. 15., and the glebe comprises 27 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Thrapston
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Thrapston
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury