Grafham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Perry.
Alternative names: Graffham
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1583
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRAFFHAM, a parish in St. Neots district, Hunts; on the Kettering and Cambridge railway, 4½ miles ENE of Kimbolton. It has a r. station, and includes part of Perry hamlet. Post town, Buckden, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2, 380. Real property, £2, 258. Pop., 328. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, 199. Patron, the Duke of Manchester. The church is ancient but good; consists of nave, chancel, and aisles; and has a western tower, with broach spire. There are a public school, and charities, including town-lands, £50.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
GRAFFHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Neot’s, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 4¾ miles (E. by N.) from Kimbolton; containing, with East Perry, 307 inhabitants, and comprising about 1800 acres. A pleasure-fair is held at Midsummer. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £16. 14. 4½., and in the gift of Lady O. B. Sparrow, with a net income of £199: the tithes were commuted for 330 acres of land, at the inclosure of the parish, in 1780. The church is ancient.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: St Neots
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: St Neots
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury