Folksworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: St. Helen
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
- Lutton and Washingley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FOLKSWORTH, a parish in the district of Peterborough and county of Huntingdon; adjacent to Billing brook, at the boundary with Northamptonshire, 1½ mile NW of Stilton, and 4½ NW by W of Holme r. station. Post town, Stilton, under Peterborough. Acres, 867. Real property, £1, 380. Pop., 207. Houses, 47. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £135. Patron, the Rev. H. Freeman. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
FOLKSWORTH (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Peterborough, hundred of Norman-Cross, county of Huntingdon, 1 mile (N. W. by W.) from Stilton; containing 186 inhabitants. It is situated near the north road: the soil is generally clay, and the surface level. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £8. 6. 3.; net income, £135; patron, the Rev. H. Freeman: the glebe consists of about 110 acres. The church is an ancient edifice.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Yaxley
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Norman Cross
- Province: Canterbury