Farcet is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire, created in 1851 from chapelry in Stanground Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Farcett
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1641
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Whittlesey St Andrew, Cambridgeshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARCETT, a chapelry in Standground parish, Huntingdon; on the Great Northern railway, near the Old river Nen, 2¾ miles S by E of Peterborough. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 3, 408. Real property, £8, 391. Pop., 778. Houses, 159. Much of the surface is fen. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Standground, in the diocese of Ely. The church is ancient. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, an endowed school, and charities £15.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
FARCETT, a chapelry, in the parish of Standground, union of Peterborough, hundred of Norman-Cross, county of Huntingdon, 2¾ miles (S. by E.) from Peterborough; containing 620 inhabitants. It comprises 3106 acres, of which 97 are common or waste land. On the elevated grounds are extensive views, which embrace Whittlesea mere and the adjacent fens. The tithes were commuted for land, under an act of inclosure, in 1801. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary, and is a small ancient building, consisting of a nave, a south aisle, and a tower at the west end. A school has an endowment of £15. 5. per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Yaxley
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Norman Cross
- Province: Canterbury