Eynesbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Lancelynsbury, Wheald, Weald, Lansbury, and Lanslingbury.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Methodist, and Primitive Methodist.
- Little Barford, Bedfordshire
- Eaton Socon, Bedfordshire
- Croxton, Cambridgeshire
- St Neots
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EYNESBURY, a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon; adjacent to St. Neots. It includes the hamlet of Weald; and its post town is St. Neots. Acres, 1, 249. Real property, £5, 910. Pop., 1, 314. Houses, 276. The manor belongs to the Earl of Sandwich. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Ely. Value, £429. Patron, the Earl of Sandwich. The church is good; and there are a P. Methodist chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
EYNESBURY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of St. Neot’s, hundred of Toseland, county of Huntingdon, ½ a mile (S.) from St. Neot’s; containing 1003 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £32. 3. 9.; net income, £429; patron, the Earl of Sandwich: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1797. The church was built in the reign of James II.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: St Neots
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: St Neots
- Poor Law Union: St Neots
- Hundred: Toseland
- Province: Canterbury