Ellington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1608
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ELLINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 5 miles W of Huntingdon r. station. Post town, Brampton, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2, 910. Real property, £3, 956. Pop., 413. Houses, 95. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £168. Patron, St. Peter’s College, Cambridge. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £56.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
ELLINGTON (All Saints), a parish, in the hundred of Leightonstone, union and county of Huntingdon, 5½ miles (W. by N.) from Huntingdon; containing 448 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king’s books at £20; net income, £84; patrons and impropriators, the Master and Fellows of PeterHouse, Cambridge. A school is partly supported by an endowment of £12 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Huntingdon
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Huntingdon
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury