Easton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1708
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTON, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 3½ miles NE of Kimbolton r. station, and 6½ W of Huntingdon. Post-town, Spaldwick, under St. Neot’s. Acres, 1, 310. Real property, £1, 427. Pop., 155. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £68. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £73.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
EASTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the hundred of Leightonstone, union and county of Huntingdon, 3½ miles (N. E.) from Kimbolton; containing 186 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, not in charge, in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely; net income, £68. The town lands produce a rental of £57. 10., which sum, with other contributions, together about £70, is distributed among the poor.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Huntingdon
- Probate Court: Pre-1839 – Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Stow Longa, Post-1838 – Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1839 – None, Post-1838 – Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Huntingdon
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury