Diddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Boughton.
Parish church: St. Lawrence
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1689
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
- Offord D’Arcy
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DIDDINGTON, a parish in St. Neot’s district, Huntingdon; near the river Ouse, 2½ miles SW of Offord r. station, and 4 N of St. Neot’s. It includes part of Boughton hamlet; and its post town is Buckden, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1, 450. Real property, £2, 129. Pop., 204. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £134. Patron, Merton College, Oxford. The church is of the 14th century, and tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
DIDDINGTON (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of St. Neot’s, hundred of Tozeland, county of Huntingdon, 1 mile (S.) from Buckden; containing 212 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the great north road, and divided from the parish of Offord by the river Ouse, comprises by measurement 1290 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king’s books at £7. 4. 7½.; net income, £134; patrons and impropriators, the Warden and Fellows of Merton College, Oxford. The tithes were commuted for land and a corn-rent in 1797.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: St Neots
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: St Neots
- Poor Law Union: St Neots
- Hundred: Toseland
- Province: Canterbury