Covington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1649
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Tilbrook, Bedfordshire
- Great Catworth
- Hargrave, Northamptonshire
- Dean, Bedfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COVINGTON, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; at the boundary with Beds and Northampton, 3½ miles NW of Kimbolton r. station, and 6½ E of Higham-Ferrars. It has a post office under St. Neots. Acres, 1, 290. Real property, £1, 315. Pop., 188. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £182. Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
COVINGTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 3¼ miles (W. N. W.) from Kimbolton, on the road to Higham-Ferrers; containing 142 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Higham-Ferrers to Kimbolton. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £10. 1. 8.; net income, £165; patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, in 1801.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Thrapston
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Thrapston
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury