Caldecote is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Alternative names: Caldecot, Caldicote
Parish church: St. Mary Magdalene
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1739
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
- Lutton and Washingley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CALDECOTE, a parish in the district of Peterborough, and county of Huntingdon; 1½ mile WSW of Stilton, and 4 W of Holme r. station. Post Town, Stilton, under Peterborough. Acres, 778. Real property, £1,104. Pop., 70. Houses, 14. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged, in the 13th century, to the Hallidays. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £156. Patron, W. Wells, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
CALDICOTE (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Peterborough, hundred of Norman-Cross, county of Huntingdon, 1½ mile (W. S. W.) from Stilton; containing 52 inhabitants. It is situated on the great road from London to York. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £7. 3. 6.; present net income, £156; patron, William Wells, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Yaxley
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Norman Cross
- Province: Canterbury