Bythorn is a chapelry of Brington Ancient Parish in Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: St. Lawrence
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Particular Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BYTHORN, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; on the verge of the county, 4 miles ESE of Thrapston r. station, and 6½ NW by N of Kimbolton. Post Town, Thrapston. Acres, 1,503. Real property, £2,140. Pop., 292. Houses, 59. The living s a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Brington, in the dio. of Ely. The church is early English. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BYTHORN (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 6½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Kimbolton; containing 322 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Huntingdon to Northampton, and comprises by measurement 1500 acres. The living is united, with that of Old Weston, to the rectory of Brington: the tithes have been commuted for £20. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists. John Mason Hustwait, in 1816, bequeathed £300, the interest of which is appropriated to the teaching of children.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Thrapston
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Thrapston
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury