Buckworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1665
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUCKWORTH, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 5¼ miles W of the Great Northern railway, and 7 NW of Huntingdon. Post Town, Alconbury, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1,950. Real property, £2,783. Pop., 201. Houses, 39. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £330. Patron, R. E. D. Shafto, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BUCKWORTH (All Saints), a parish, in the hundred of Leightonstone, union and county of Huntingdon, 7 miles (N. W. by W.) from Huntingdon; containing 160 inhabitants, and comprising 843 acres, of which 47 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £21. 5. 2½., and in the patronage of R. E. D. Shafto, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £337. 13.; and there is a good glebe-house, with nearly 43 acres of land.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Huntingdon
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Huntingdon
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury