Brington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire. Bythorn is a chapelry of Brington.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1685
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Protestant Dissenters
- Old Weston
- Leighton Bromswold
- Great Catworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRINGTON, or Brickden, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 6 miles N by W of Kimbolton, and 6½ ESE of Thrapston r. station. Post Town, Catworth, under Thrapston. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £1,290. Pop., 191. Houses, 44. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Bythorn and Old Weston, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £492. Patron, Clare College, Cambridge.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BRINGTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 5¼ miles (N. by W.) from Kimbolton; containing 129 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated within half a mile of the road from Huntingdon to Northampton, comprises by measurement 1014 acres. The living is a rectory, with the livings of Bythorn and Old Weston united, valued in the king’s books at £34. 3. 6½.; net income, £492; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge. Land and a money payment were assigned in lieu of tithes, in 1804.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Thrapston
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Thrapston
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury