Barham an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Huntingdonshire, created in 1802 from a chapelry in Spaldwick Ancient Parish. Abolished in 1965 to help create Barham and Woolley Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish church: St. Giles
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1688
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Table of Contents
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARHAM, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; on a tributary of the river Ouse, 7 miles WNW of Huntingdon r. station. Post Town, Spaldwick, under St. Neots. Acres, 700. Real property, £703. Pop., 115. Houses, 28. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £58. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. Charities, £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BARHAM (St. Giles), a parish, in the hundred of Leightonstone, union and county of Huntingdon, 6 miles (N. N. E.) from Kimbolton; containing 107 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely; net income, £58.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Huntingdon
- Probate Court: Pre-1839 – Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Stow Longa, Post-1838 – Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1839 – None, Post-1838 – Leightonstone
- Poor Law Union: Huntingdon
- Hundred: Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury