Chorley Wood Christ Church is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Hertfordshire, created in 1845 from Rickmansworth Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Chorley-Wood
Parish church: Christ Church
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Society of Friends/Quaker
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHORLEY-WOOD, a chapelry in Rickmansworth parish, Herts; on the verge of the county, at the river Chess, 2¼ miles NW of Rickmansworth r. station. It has a post-office under Watford. It was constituted in 1845. Pop., 939. Houses, 208. The property is divided among a few. Chorley-Wood House is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £40. Patron, J. S. Gilliat, Esq. The church is very good. There is a Baptist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
A church called Christ Church, erected in the hamlet of Chorley-Wood, chiefly at the expense of James Hayward, Esq., of Loudwater House, was consecrated in November 1845; it is in the style of the 13th century, with a tower, and is of faced flint, with stone dressings: the living is in Mr. Hayward’s gift.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Hertfordshire, Chorley-Wood – Church records ( 2 )
England, Hertfordshire, Chorley Wood, parish registers
Parish registers for Chorley-Wood, 1845-1938
Author: Church of England. Chapelry of Chorley-Wood (Hertfordshire)
- County: Hertfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Watford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Rochester, Pre-1845 – London
- Rural Deanery: Watford
- Poor Law Union: Watford
- Hundred: Cashio
- Province: Canterbury