Chipperfield is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Hertfordshire, created in 1848 from Abbots Langley Ancient Parish, King’s Langley Ancient Parish and Watford Ancient Parish.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1838
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1838

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

CHIPPERFIELD, a hamlet-chapelry in Kings-Langley parish, Herts; near the Grand Junction canal, 2½ miles W of Kings-Langley r. station, and 4¼ N of Rickmansworth. It has a post-office under Watford. Pop., 569. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £174. Patrons, Trustees.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Administration

  • County: Hertfordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Hemel Hempstead
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans
  • Diocese: Post-1844 – Rochester, Pre-1845 – London
  • Rural Deanery: Watford
  • Poor Law Union: Hemel Hampstead
  • Hundred: Cashio; Dacorum
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts