Buckland is an Ancient Parish in the county of Hertfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Chipping.
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1658
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BUCKLAND (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Buntingford, hundred of Edwinstree, county of Hertford, 3 miles (N.) from Buntingford; containing 435 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 2000 acres, of which 500 are woodland, 50 pasture, and the remainder good arable land; the soil is fertile, and the surface varied. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £20, and in the patronage of King’s College, Cambridge: the tithes have been commuted for £330, and the glebe comprises 38 acres. The church is in the later English style.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Hertfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Royston
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Rochester, Pre-1845 – London
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – Braughing, Post-1844 – Buntingford
- Poor Law Union: Buntingford
- Hundred: Edwinstree
- Province: Canterbury