Aldbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Hertfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Theobald Street.
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1694
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Particular Baptist.
Parishes adjacent to Aldbury
- Great Berkhampstead
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
ALDBURY, a parish in the hund. of Dacorum, union of Berkhamstead, county of Hertford; 2½ miles north-east of Tring; 1 mile from the Tring station, on the London and Birmingham railroad. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Huntingdon and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £20 8s. 6½d.; gross income £450. Patrons, in 1835, the trustees of the earl of Bridgewater. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style, with a square embattled tower. Charities to the poor of this parish amount to £23. Pop., in 1801, 457; in 1831, 695. Houses 133. Acres 2,020. A. P. £1,942. Poor rates, in 1837, £322
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aldbury, 2¾m. N.E. Tring. P. 790
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Hertfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Berkhampstead
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon (Hitchin Division)
- Post-1844 - Rochester,
- Pre-1845 - Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Berkhampstead
- Poor Law Union: Berkhampstead
- Hundred: Dacorum
- Province: Canterbury