Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: see Much Marcle
- Bishop’s Transcripts: see Much Marcle
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YATTON, a township-chapelry in Much-Marcle parish, Hereford; 4¼ miles NE by N of Ross r. station. Post town, Much-Marcle, under Gloucester. Acres, 1,409. Pop., 225. Houses, 46. Y. house is the seat of the Fergusons. The living is annexed to Much-Marcle.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Yatton, a chapelry, in the parish of Much Marcle, union of Ross, hundred of Greytree, county of Hereford, 5 ½ miles (NE by N) from Ross; containing 245 inhabitants, and comprising 1392 acres. It is intersected by the road between Ross and Ledbury. The chapel has been recently enlarged and improved, by subscription, aided by a grant of £100 from the Incorporated Society. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £287. 12. 6., and there is a glebe of 5 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Ross
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ross
Poor Law Union: Ross