Yarpole is a small Parish four-and-a-half miles N.N.W. from Leominster.
The Church is small, with square tower. The Rev. Joseph Edwards, Vicar; Mr, Edwin Spencer, Churchwarden; Mr. Enoch Chamberlain, Clerk. Service –11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Clergy And Gentry.
Beale Rev, Theodore, Birchill
Dunn Thomas, Esq., M.D., Magistrate, Birchill
Davies Mrs., High Wood Continue reading “Yarpole Herefordshire Lascelles & Co. Directory & Gazetteer of Herefordshire 1851”
Yarpole (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Leominster, hundred of Wolphy, county of Hereford, 5 miles (N. N. W.) from Leominster; containing 606 inhabitants, of whom 349 are in the township of Yarpole. The parish consists, with the township of Bircher, of 2523 acres, of which 399 are common or waste land. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Croft; impropriators, the Trustees of Lucton school, whose tithes have been commuted for £273, and those of the rector for £27; there are 23 acres of glebe.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.