Wolferlow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1629
Parishes adjacent to Wolferlow
- Stoke Bliss
- Upper Sapey
- Lower Sapey
- Tedstone Wafer
- Hanley Child
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870The former parish church of St Andrew, Wolferlow, Herefordshire, seen from the northeast by Philip Pankhurst and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.
WOLFERLOW, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 7 miles SE of Tenbury r. station. Post town, Tenbury. Acres, 1,535. Real property, £1,550. Pop., 112. Houses, 20. W. Park belongs to Sir T. E. Winnington, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £220. Patron, the Rev. J. H. Wright. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Wolferlow, a parish in the hundred of Broxash, county of Hereford, 5½ miles (N. by E.) from Bromyard, containing 117 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £4. 4. 9., and in the patronage of Sir T. E. Winnington, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Family History Links
The following records for Wolferlow are available free from FamilySearch.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury