Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1671
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WITHINGTON, a parish, with W. village and Preston-Wynne chapelry, in the district and county of Hereford; on the Hereford and Worcester railway, 4½ miles NE by E of Hereford. It has a post-office under Hereford, and a r. station. Acres, 2,392. Real property, £5,646. Pop., 970. Houses, 204. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £400. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church was repaired in 1859, and has a tower and spire. There are a Baptist chapel, and an endowed school with £14 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Smith Nathaniel, Withington, Herefordshire, miller, Dec. 5, 1828.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
Rural Deanery: Hereford
Poor Law Union: Hereford