Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary Magdalene
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1764
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1675
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILLERSLEY, a parish in the district of Presteigne and county of Hereford; ¾ of a mile S of Eardisley r. station, and 7 NE of Hay. Post town, Eardisley, under Hereford. Acres, 230. Pop., 13. Houses, 2. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £79. Patron, the Rev. H. Blisset.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Willersley Cassey Directory of Herefordshire 1858
Willersley is a township and parish 13 ½ miles west-north-west from Hereford, 6 ½ from Kington and 6 ½ from Hay, in Huntington Hundred, Kington Union, and Hereford archdeaconry and bishopric; it is situated on the northern bank of the river Wye, and on the road from Hereford to Hay and Brecon. The church is a plain old stone building; has nave, chancel, and a wooden turret containing one bell. The living is a rectory, worth £60 yearly, in the gift of Mrs. Elizabeth Blisset. The Rev. Henry Blisset, M.A., is the incumbent. The population, in 1851, was 10, and the acreage is 231. Mrs. E. Blisset is lady of the manor and chief landowner.
Marston James, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Presteigne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weobley
Poor Law Union: Kington