Whitchurch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish church: St. Dubricius
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1761
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Independent, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITCHURCH, a parish, with a village, in the district of Monmouth and county of Hereford; on the river Wye, 5 miles NE of Monmouth r. station. It has a post-office under Monmouth. Acres, 1,956. Real property, £4,525. Pop., 857. Houses, 201. The property is much subdivided. The scenery is very fine. Limestone is quarried, and its hæmatite veins of iron-stone are of much value. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £290. Patron, W. Dry, Esq. The church is early English. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, a small lunatic asylum, and charities £15.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Monmouth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Archenfield
Poor Law Union: Monmouth