Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. John this Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1588
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITBOURNE, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; on the river Teme, 5 miles ENE of Bromyard, and 6 WNW of Bransford-Road r. station. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 3,056. Real property, £5,058. Pop., 891. Houses, 177. The property is subdivided. W. Court was once a palace of the Bishops of Hereford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £533. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church was restored in 1865. Charities, £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Pennell Philip, Whitborne, Herefordshire, farmer, Jan. 30. 1821
Wood Stephen, Poswìck, Whitborne, Herefordshire, dealer, Nov. 18, 1823.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bromyard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Bromyard