Wellington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Margaret
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
- Moreton on Lugg
- Canon Pyon
- Sutton St Michael
[su_gmap address="Wellington Herefordshire" zoom="11"]
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WELLINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 2 miles NNW of Moreton r. station, and 5½ N by W of Hereford. It has a post-office under Hereford. Acres, 2,538. Real property, £4,852. Pop., 626. Houses, 150. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford-Value, £626. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church was rebuilt in 1863, at a cost of £5,000; and is in the early English style. There are an endowed school with £19 a year, alms houses with £30, and charities £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weston
Poor Law Union: Hereford