Walford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Walford on Wye
Parish church: St. Leonard
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WALFORD, a parish, with a village, in Ross district, Hereford: on the river Wye, 3 miles SSW of Ross r. station. It has a post-office under Ross. Acres, 4,241. Real property, £7,474. Pop., 1,204. Houses, 280. The property is much subdivided. There are several handsome seats. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is Norman, and was recently in very bad condition. The p. curacy of Bishopswood is a separate benefice. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and charities £55.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Peacock John, Watford (Walford ?), Herefordshire, stationer, Nov. 19, 1825.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Ross
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ross
Poor Law Union: Ross