Tyberton a chapelry of Madley Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Alternative names: Tibberton, Tiberton
Parish church: St. Mary; All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1672
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1670
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TIBERTON, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 4 miles SSW of Bishopstone r. station, and 8½ W of Hereford. Post town, Madley, under Hereford. Acres, 1,111. Real property, £1,662. Pop., 153. Houses, 31. The manor, with T. Court, belongs to the Rev. H. Lewarner. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Madley. The church is modern. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
TIBERTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Dore, hundred of Webtree, county of Hereford, 9 miles (W.) from Hereford; containing 152 inhabitants, and comprising 1040 acres. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Madley. The church, which is built entirely of brick, contains a fine carved altar-piece, representing the instruments of the Crucifixion.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Tibberton Cassey Directory of Herefordshire 1858
Tibberton is a small parish and village, 9 miles west from Hereford railway station, 7 north from Abbey Dore Union, 11 south from Weobley, and 145 from London, in Webtree Hundred, Abbey Dore petty sessions and Union, Hereford county court, archdeaconry, and bishopric; it is situated on one of the main roads from Hereford to Hay. The church of All Saints is a new brick building, in a modern style, and was built principally at the expense of the Rev. H. Lee Warner, of Tibberton Court. It has nave, porch, chancel, font, small belfry and one bell. The living is attached to Madley, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. There is a small school for children.
Tibberton court is the seat of the Rev. H. Lee Warner, it is a handsome mansion with a fine park. The population, in 1851, was 141, and the acreage is 1,200. The soil is sandy; the subsoil is sandstone rock, &c. The Rev. H. Lee Warner, is lord of the manor, and chief land owner. There are charities of £7 10s. yearly value. Tibberton is by some considered a chapelry of Madley.
Letters through Hereford, which is the nearest money order office.
Bennett John, farmer, Church house
Farr Walter, carpenter
Griffiths Jeremiah, farmer
Howell Matthew, mason
Lee Warner Rev. Henry, Tibberton court
Preece James, farmer, Inons farm
Smith Thomas, shoemaker
Wilcox Wm., blacksmith
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
Rural Deanery: Hereford
Poor Law Union: Dore