Turnastone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Mary Magdalene
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1671
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TURNASTONE, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 6¾ miles NNW of Pentrilas r. station, and 10 WSW of Hereford. Post town, Peterchurch, under Hereford. Acres, 530. Real property, £682. Pop., 54. Houses, 10. The property belongs to W. S. Wood, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £73. Patron, Mrs. Robinson. The church is old.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
TURNASTONE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Dore, hundred of Webtree, county of Hereford, 11 miles (W. by S.) from Hereford; containing 76 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the river Dore, near the Hay and Hereford road; and comprises 550 acres, a large portion of which is woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £2. 14. 2., and in the patronage of Lady Boughton: the tithes have been commuted for £73, and the glebe comprises 5½ acres. The church is in the Norman style of architecture.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weobley
- Poor Law Union: Dore
- Hundred: Webtree
- Province: Canterbury