Titley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TITLEY, a parish, with a village, in the district of Presteigne and county of Hereford; on the Leominster and Kington railway, 3 miles NE of Kington. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office designated Titley, Herefordshire. Acres, 1,876. Real property, £2,597. Pop., 373. Houses, 78. T. Court belonged to the Greenleys; and passed, in 1839, to Sir T. Hastings. Eywood belongs to the Harleys. A Benedictine priory, a cell to Tyrone abbey in France, stood in the parish; and was given, by Henry V., to Winchester college. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £231. Patron, Winchester College. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Presteigne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Leominster
Poor Law Union: Kington