Thruxton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1582
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1672
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THRUXTON, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 2 miles WNW of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6 SW of Hereford. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 437. Real property, £832. Pop., 65. Houses, 13. The living is a rectory, united with Kingston, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church is old. Charities, £19.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Thruxton Cassey Directory of Herefordshire 1858
Thruxton is a parish and village, 3 miles west from Tram Inn railway station, 5 north-east from Abbey Dore Union, and 6 south-west from Hereford, in Webtree Hundred, Abbey Dore petty sessions and Union, Hereford county court, archdeaconry and bishopric; it is situated on the road from Ross to Hay. The church is an old plain stone building, without tower; has a nave, porch, chancel, and font. The living is a vicarage, with Kingston attached, worth £252 yearly, with residence and 15 acres of glebe land, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. There is a National school for this place and Kingston, recently erected. There are some barrows in the township. The population, in 1851, was 71, and the acreage is 420. The soil is sandy; the subsoil is sandstone rock. Archer Clive, Esq., is lord of the manor, who, with the Rev. A. H. Wetherell, are the landowners.
Letters through Hereford, which is the nearest money order office.
Beavan George, farmer
Hookey Michael, farmer, Upper house
Preece James, farmer
Smith Rev. E. B., curate
Wetherell Rev. Archdeacon Henry, D.D., Vicarage
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
Rural Deanery: Hereford
Poor Law Union: Dore