Tedstone Delamere is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1690
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TEDSTONE-DELAMERE, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3¾ miles NE of Bromyard, and 8 SE by S of Newnham r. station. Post town, Tedstone-Wafer, under Worcester. Acres, 1,677. Real property, £1,909. Pop., 205. Houses, 41. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, 238. Patron, Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
TEDSTONE-DELAMERE (St. James), a parish, in the union of Bromyard, hundred of Broxash, county of Hereford, 4 ½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Bromyard; containing 207 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1669 acres, the surface of which is hilly, and the soil clay. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; net income, £238; patrons, the Principal and Fellows of Brasenose College, Oxford. There is a petrifying spring which has long excited great curiosity.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bromyard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Bromyard