Status: Ancient Parish
The parishes of Sutton St Michael and Sutton St Nicholas were united in 1876 and St Nicholas became the Parish church.
Alternative names: St Michael Sutton
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1593
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Sutton-St. Michael, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; near Moreton r. station, and 4 miles N by E of Hereford. Post-town, Hereford. Acres, 679. Real property, with S. St. Nicholas, £2,885. Pop., 95. Houses, 18. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £64. Patrons, Messrs. Allen and Unett.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
SUTTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the hundred of Broxash, union and county of Hereford, 4¼ miles (N. N. E.) from the city of Hereford; containing 102 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income £64; patrons and impropriators, the Rev. T. Allen and H. Unett, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weston
Poor Law Union: Hereford