Stretton Grandison is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire. Ashperton is a chapelry of Stretton Grandison.
Alternative names: Stretton Grandsome
Parish registers begin: 1558
Parishes adjacent to Stretton Grandison
- Ocle Pychard
- Castle Frome
- Canon Frome
- Bishop's Frome with Fromes Hill
- Much Cowarne
- Stoke Edith
- West Hide
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STRETTON-GRANDSOME, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 3 miles NNW of Ashperton r. station, and 6½ NW of Ledbury. Post town, Ledbury. Acres, 710. Real property, £1,706. Pop., 130. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with Ashperton, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £479. Patron, the Rev. J. Hopton. The church is good. Charities, £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Stretton Grandison Herefordshire 1914
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Ledbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Ledbury
- Hundred: Radlow
- Province: Canterbury