St Devereux is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Didley.
Parish registers begin: 1669
Nonconformists include: Protestant Dissenters
Parishes adjacent to St Devereux
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Devereux (St.), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Hereford and Abergavenny railway, 7 ½ miles SW by S of Hereford. It has a station on the railway, and contains the hamlet of Didley. Post-town, Wormbridge, under Hereford. Acres, 1,095. Real property, £1,394. Pop., 242. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £186. Patron, the Rev. Archer Clive. The church is very old but tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Didley See Devereux.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Archenfield
- Poor Law Union: Dore
- Hundred: Webtree
- Province: Canterbury