Preston Wynne is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1734 from a chapelry in Withington Ancient Parish.

Alternative names: Preston Wynn

Parish church: Holy Trinity

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1671
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1739

Nonconformists include:

Table of Contents

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

PRESTON-WYNNE, a chapelry in Withington parish, Hereford; 3 miles E by N of Moreton r. station, and 5½ NE of Hereford. Post-town, Hereford. Acres, 990. Real property, £1,650. Pop., 182. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848

PRESTON-WYNNE (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the hundred of Broxash, union and county of Hereford, 6½ miles (N. E. by N.) from Hereford; containing 169 inhabitants. It is watered by a branch of the Lugg, and consists of 863 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Withington.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848

Parish Records

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Preston Wynne Through Time

Population

Industry

Housing

Administration and Boundary Changes

Administration

  • County: Herefordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Hereford
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Hereford
  • Poor Law Union: Hereford
  • Hundred: Broxash
  • Province: Canterbury