Preston on Wye is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Preston upon Wye
Parish church: St. Lawrence
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PRESTON-UPON-WYE, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 3 miles S of Moorhampton r. station, and 6½ S by W of Weobly. Post-town, Hereford. Acres, 1,379. Real property, £2,370. Pop., 277. Houses, 57. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Blakemere, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £250. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Stewart Edw. Sydney, Preston-upon-Wye, Herefordsh., miller, Nov, 19, 1823.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Preston on Wye Through Time
Civil Registration District: Weobley
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
Rural Deanery: Hereford
Poor Law Union: Weobley